Kinetic Recovery Ropes (also known as a snatch ropes or yanker ropes) are designed to stretch, to smoothly transfer the kinetic energy of a recovering vehicle to a vehicle that is stuck. The ability of a Kinetic Recovery Rope to stretch is what makes it unique and what sets it apart from a non-elastic tow rope or tow strap. ASR Offroad's Kinetic Recovery Ropes are designed and built for the express purpose of stretching under load, to provide a smooth and powerful pull. Some key features that set our Kinetic Recovery Ropes apart:
- 100% Double Braid Nylon.
- Maximum Strength Nylon (others use factory-dyed black nylon which has an approx 10% lower MTS).
- Professionally spliced in the US by trained and certified splicers.
- Abrasion protection in the eyes and on the rope body.
- Optional fiber-lock coating of the exterior in a custom color.
- Up To 30% Elongation Under Load.
Benefits of Using ASR Offroad's Kinetic Recovery Ropes over other recovery/tow equipment:
- More durable and therefore less susceptible to damage from normal wear and tear.
- Decreased shock loads on Recovery Mounting Points.
- Superior performance when recovering larger vehicles with a much smaller tow vehicle.
- Superior performance in very low traction situations.
- Lightweight and portable.
How to Correctly Use Your Kinetic Recovery Rope
Kinetic Recovery Rope Specifications & Selection
The rope properties below are the published strengths for the rope sizes we manufacture. To select the proper rope size for your application, the Vehicle Class is presented as a guide. It is not a hard and fast rule, as many environmental factors such as slope, type and consistency of terrain vehilce is mired in, and mire depth all play a role in determining the force that will be required to recover the stuck vehicle - the Safe-Xtract Vehicle Recovery App does an excellent job of calculating a total resistance based on all these factors and more. We recommend the below chart unless you expect extreme environmental conditions, in which case it may be desirable to increase the diameter by one level. We do not recommend decreasing the diameter for lighter environmental conditions.
|Rope Diameter||Min. Breaking Strength||Vehicle Class|
|3/4"||19,000 lbs||Cars, Samurai, Light Buggie, 2 Dr Jeep, similar|
|7/8"||28,300 lbs||4 Dr Jeep, Tacoma, 1/2-3/4 Ton Truck, Durango, Expedition, similar|
|1"||33,500 lbs||3/4 & 1 Ton Truck, Camper Van, smaller RV|
|1-1/4"||52,300 lbs||Heavy Mud Bogging Vehicle, large RV, Class 4 & 5 vehicles|
|1-1/2"||74,000 lbs||Semi, Class 6+ Vehicles|